Warranty – SlideWorks
Slide Works warrants, Subject to the conditions and restrictions contained below, that each sliding door system assembled by Slide Works shall meet or exceed industry standards and be free from defect for a period of 10 years from original date of shipment.
Should a sliding system Slide Works prepares for any manufacturer fail to conform to this written warranty, Slide Works will, at its option, either repair or replace the warranted parts and components in question or coordinate with the manufacturer for proper resolution. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLEY PROVIDED HEREIN, SLIDE WORKS SHALL NOT PAY FOR THE COST OF LABOR, INSTALLATION, FINISHING, OR THE REPLACEMENT OF THE WARRANTED DOOR AND / OR COMPONENTS, OR FOR ANY COST RELATING TO THE REPLACEMENT OF THE DOOR AND / OR COMPONENTS, ALL OF WHICH SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON MAKING THE WARRANTY CLAIM.
1) Warp for any sliding system is not covered in this warranty and is the responsibility of the panel manufacturer.
2) Natural variations in the color, texture or grain of wood.
3) Damage caused by attempts other than the warrantor or authorized agent of warrantor to repair the door.
4) Damage caused by failure to comply with care, storage, handling and finishing / maintenance instructions.
5) Damage caused by others or by a cause beyond the control of Slide Works, including but not limited to damage caused by mishandling, misuse, abuse, accident, or by flood, earthquake, storm, tornado, or other acts of nature. Misuse of a door includes, but is not limited to, using a door on a part of a building without providing adequate overhang (See manufacturer’s requirements for details).
6) Defects resulting from improper installation practices
7) Panel movement (shrinkage and expansion). Temperature and humidity may cause the panels and parts in your door to shrink and swell. Small checks and surface imperfections (checking) may appear over time due to exposure of severe climate conditions. Shrinkage, swelling and small checks are considered normal and not considered a defect.
8) Unfinished doors not finished within 72 hours of delivery.
a. Door(s) must be finished on all six sides (2 faces of door and 4 edges)
b. Slide Works ships all doors with a protective packaging
9) Any discoloration or irregularity in the glass is not a part of this warranty (See manufacturers requirements for details)
10) Damage caused by extreme temperature build-up where a storm door is utilized. Storm doors must be ventilated to eliminate temperature build-up.
11) Normal wear and tear, including wear-through of the finish or deterioration for reasons other than material and workmanship of the door itself.
12) Doors altered by others for size other than recommended by Slide Works.
13). Commercial system assembled by Slide Works are covered by a separate and different written warranty policy.
WOOD COMPONENTS, HARDWARE AND WEATHER-STRIPPING – TEN (10) YEAR WARRANTY
Slide Works warrants the wood components, hardware and weather-stripping which accompany its products (“components”) to be free from defects which might unreasonably affect the products normal functioning for a period of ten (10) years from the date of manufacture. Texture and color variations do not constitute defects in wood “components”. Slide Works will either provide replacement parts to the place of product installation or repair any non-conforming components at its discretion. In no case will Slide Works be responsible for installation, repainting, refinishing or similar activities connected with replacement of the “components” or product.
Should any defective “component” unreasonable effect the products normal functioning after this ten (10) year warranty, Slide Works will offer to the original product owner, replacement “components” at 50% of Slide Works’ current list price.
Slide Works may defer repairing or replacing the product for a period of up to six (6) months from the date of claim to allow door to acclimatize or to determine if door has been properly installed. It is not uncommon for a temporary warp condition to occur as the door adjusts to the local humidity and temperature conditions. The deferral will not be counted against the warranty period.
Claims under this limited warranty must be made in writing within the period of this warranty and prior to the beginning of any repair work. The claim can be sent by fax to (480) 270-5397 or mailed to Warranty Department, Slide Works, 9150 E. Del Camino Dr. #117, Scottsdale AZ 85258. Slide Works reserves the right to be given at least a thirty (30) day opportunity to have a door, which is the subject of a warranty claim, field inspected by a representative of Slide Works